1) Create a budget.
What can you afford?
Is there any flexibility in the budget?
Do you need to discuss it with others?
2) Decide on the image you want the site to project to others.
3) What type of website should it be?
A marketing site to create interest in your products?
An informational site only?
A site to sell products through the internet?
4) Research the types of design required.
Do you want moving images (Flash)?
Will it need a database, ecommerce, etc?
5) Discuss the site with others for ideas.
6) Determine a time frame.
When would be a good time to start?
Allow time to gather text, images, etc. to start the project.
Are you in a rush? Is your product seasonal?
Match this timing to your budget.
7) Meet and discuss the site with other decision-makers.
8) Make appropriate changes based on results of design conversation.
Is there extra room in the budget for some upgrades?
If the budget is too low, what needs to be trimmed from the design?
Is there a need to consider increasing the budget to meet goals?
9) Decide on a web designer and start the project.
10) Review the design periodically to ensure compliance with your goals.